Duties: Analyze complex legal and business issues related to technology companies and Intellectual Property groups. Work with partners and senior attorneys to advise clients on emerging growth technology companies and venture capital firms. Interact with and advise sophisticated clients in the areas of corporate partnering and strategic alliances, technology acquisition, licensing and commercialization, open source licensing and compliance, data privacy and security, joint venture and spin-off transactions, intellectual property strategy, counseling, and protection. Draft and revise complex agreements on behalf of clients and provide in-depth analysis of state and federal law regarding issues related to Intellectual Property transactions and strategies. Conduct legal research and analyze complex legal issues for partners and senior associates in order to provide legal advice and recommendations on transaction-specific and ongoing business issues.
Requires two (2) years of law firm experience working with patents.
Must have two (2) years of experience in the following:
- Performing intellectual property and technology transaction due diligence for corporate transactions and technology transfers
Must have one (1) year of experience in each of the following:
- Intellectual property licensing, technology transfer, and other technology transactions
- Drafting and negotiating intellectual property licenses, including patent and trademark licenses
- Joint development, collaboration, and other strategic alliance agreements
- Technology licenses and services agreements, including software as a service agreement
- Distribution agreements, including OEM, VAR, and other reseller agreements
- Drafting and negotiation of commercial contracts and counseling regarding intellectual property strategy
Requires a Juris Doctorate (J.D.) and admission to the State Bar of California
Please copy and paste your resume in the email body do not send attachments, we cannot open them and email them at candidates at placementservicesusa.com with reference #2701123 in the subject line.