Blogger / Content Writer / Technical Writer
Facilitates the optimization of business unit performance by enhancing the alignment between business processes and information technology. Participates in continuous review and update to ensure that processes meet changing business unit conditions. Identifies processes for improvement, documents existing processes, identifies and analyzes gaps between current processes and the desired state, designs new processes, develops process performance measures and plans the transition to a new process. May provide input on future use of technology and business process improvements.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Journalism, Technical Writing, Business Administration, or other related field. Or equivalent work experience.
• Typically has 3 to 5 years of business or technical writing experience and working knowledge of multiple software and graphics packages. Experience maintaining SharePoint 365 sites. Experience in the development of information technology or business rule policies and procedures is required.
Primary Job Duties/ Tasks
• Manages the development, review, and update of IT related procedures (methods and practices
• Consults with program representatives in reviewing operations to identify issues with processes and procedures through the conduct of targeted quality assurance reviews
• Assists with on-going efforts in monitoring and reviewing internal controls and processes for both operational and managerial activities to ensure proper standards, procedures, and policies are addressed to provide for continual improvement
• Organizes and facilitates the completion of special projects as assigned
• Conducts studies as directed to identify issues, compile data and reports, and to answer questions regarding the efficacy of Office of Information Technology services, management decisions, and other information
• Assists with the support of various SharePoint 365 sites, lists, and document libraries
Job Specific Knowledge Skills and Abilities (KSAs):
• Ability to lead independent project support efforts with an enterprise perspective
• Excellent communication skills in interacting and collaborating directly with customers
• Ability to use office automation tools (Microsoft Office 2013, SharePoint 2010 and 2013, Email/Calendar, etc.)
• Ability to plan, organize, coordinate, and prioritize work assignments
• Skill in interpreting and communicating technical information both verbally and in writing
• Ability to develop and manage technical documentation in accordance with the Department’s standard
• Ability to create and maintain SharePoint sites using SharePoint 2010 and 2013 to include automation tasks and workflows, etc.