• Following EPMO best practice guidelines, provide business analysis activities for assigned capitally funded projects
• Fulfill requirements with high quality and customer satisfaction
• Cultivate trust and develop strong relationships among peers, customers, and stakeholders
• Collaborate with agencies and other customers to understand strategic goals and objectives, define requirements, assess product fit to business needs, and reengineer business processes as needed
• Provide timely communication of project activities and status to project manager
• Work with stakeholders, vendors and business owners to assess and document business processes.
• Conduct all interviews and\or meetings needed to document current business process.
• Assist in the development of and approval of the business process documentation.
• Help team members elaborate their requirements; analyze gaps, permutations, inconsistencies, constraints, assumptions, and risks so that requirements are clear, concise, etc. The goal is for the SBA to do the heavy-lifting on the analytical work of requirements gathering and test preparation so that the SMEs can be freed up to focus on identifying their program and policy needs - and implementing them.
• Apply the functional framework and integration framework for the project; identify the functions and integrated systems relevant to each release and the SMEs needed to support its delivery. Assess if there is a SME constraint across releases.
• Participate in Change Management processes to assess and advise on the impact of release requirements being changed, added, or dropped
• Provide support to the QA and Technical Writing resources to write test scripts and provide content review for necessary training and user manuals
• Advise the Testing Manager of test coverage needs for each release's functional requirements.
• Review test cases, expected results, and actual results to ensure that the spirit and intent of all functional requirements are met.
• Review defects and enhancements to ensure they are appropriately prioritized; revise them when they are not
• Review deliverables related to new releases
• Identify, trap, and solve problems as needed
Education and Experience Level
• Bachelor's Degree required (business or technical degrees are preferred)
• At least 5 years of professional business analysis experience.
• Knowledge of the accepted practices of the Business Analysis profession.
• Extensive experience in business analysis and requirements definition for IT systems.
• Extensive experience with UML modeling including context diagrams and Use Case modeling (identifying and describing use cases, actors, etc.), domain model diagrams (entity relationship modeling) and activity diagrams.
• Familiarity with both Waterfall methodologies and Agile principles (Scrum methodology) a plus.
• Sensitivity to interpersonal, organizational and political challenges, and an understanding of how to navigate them effectively.
• Ability to promote teamwork and maintain effective communication within and across groups.
• Ability to exercise sound judgment and use discretion in handling confidential information.
• Ability to work independently and in an agile manner.
• Ability to switch focus based on changing priorities.
• 5+ years BA experience?
• Advanced Requirments Documentation?
• Advanced Data Analysis?
• Familiar with SQL and Stored Procedures?
• Advanced Modeling: UML, Use Cases, Data Flow