Computer Networking & Security
Job Specific - General Knowledge Skills and Abilities (KSAs):
• The submitted candidate must be able to apply common knowledge, skills, and abilities in the following areas:
• Knowledge in the use of appropriate security controls to protect the confidentiality, integrity and availability of information technology resources.
• Knowledge of, and experience with, various computing technologies such as, but not limited to: Windows, Windows Server, proxies, firewalls, switches, routers, Transmission Control Protocol/Internet Protocol (TCP/IP)
• Knowledge of perimeter technologies (firewalls, proxies, intrusion detection/prevention systems (IDS/IPS) and vulnerability management tools.
• Knowledge in the use of information security practices and standards such as NIST, CIS Critical Security Controls and the Florida Cybersecurity Standards (74-2 Florida Administrative Code). Ability to review, assess and document compliance with standards.
• Knowledge of Microsoft Systems Center Configuration Manager (SCCM) and other Microsoft support tools/technologies such as Group Policy and PowerShell.
• Knowledge of the application of operating system security settings through direct manipulation of the registry.
• Knowledge of Security Information and Event Management (SEIM) tools. Ability to utilize, configure and manage SPLUNK preferred but not required.
• Skills in applying, analyzing and assessing information systems and security controls.
• Skilled in the detection of software and hardware security problems.
• Ability to analyze complex technical architecture for security issues.
• Ability to be self-motivated, detail-oriented with excellent follow through.
• Ability to assess and analyze risk and provide recommendations to successfully manage risk.
• Ability to author documented analysis of systems to verify compliance with security controls.
• Ability to effectively communicate orally and in writing to a variety of audiences. This includes the ability to communicate professionally with FDOT management, to communicate technical issues and concepts to non-technical staff, and to effectively explain security concepts and their benefit.
• Ability to solve problems independently and with teams and exhibit sound judgement and decision making skills.